Sunday, July 3, 2011

2 Hand Pinch Training for Grip Nationals 2011



The 2 hand pinch deadlift is probably the most popular event in grip.  The object is to see who can deadlift the most weight to a height of 16.5" on the official 2HP set-up.  It's one of my weaker events so I thought I'd change up my training regimen in an attempt to get a boost for The Grip National Championships on 7-16. I've been doing 2 sets of 12 and moving up 5# when I can get the reps in.  I started at 144# and this is 164#.  I'm thinking if I can go in Nats hitting 169#x12 x 2 sets I should be good for a 100kg/220# pinch.  We shall see..

2 comments:

  1. Great pinching Josh and best of luck at the Nats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been doing something similar for grippers and rt. Will be trying it with 2HP as well. Nice work buddy!

    ReplyDelete