Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Road to the 2011 90kg Missouri State Arm Wrestling Title: 8-16-11

8-15-11

What went in

7am: 1 EAS Myoplex shake, 1 L of water, 2 double strength fish oil pills, 2000 IU Vit D, 1 MVI, 800 mg ibuprofen

12 noon: 2 servings of baked tilapia verde, small green salad, 8oz of water

6pm: 6 pancakes with syrup and butter (when the domestic manager is cooking pancakes, you can't turn that down!) 1 EAS Myoplex shake, 2 double strength fish oil pills, 2000 IU Vit D, 800 mg ibuprofen

2 cherry coke zeros

Training
snuck in some ISG while I was waiting for the pancakes
ISG: TNS, RH only (left elbow is still tender)
9,7x12,12..FINALLY! PTL!

8-16-11

7am: 1 EAS Myoplex shake, 1 L of water, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU Vit D, 1 MVI, 800 mg ibuprofen

12noon: 2 ladles of beef fajita (meat only), 1 ladle of chicken fajita (meat only) over a large plate of romain lettuce with 3/4 ladle of poppyseed dressing, 1 small cup o' mousse

8:30/post training: 2 EAS Myoplex shakes, 1 L of water, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU Vit D, 1 GNC pack of multivitamin (loot from the lift-a-thon).

Training

1 hour of cardio on the recumbent bike on level 9. While on the bike and in between my fellow pullers RJ and Jay Paul smokin' gators, I read a couple of good articles in JADA(obesity and the neurobiological connections, hospital food service quality trends/importance of) so look for some upcoming blog posts on those. I'm thinking I might try to create an obesity class/support group aimed at rectifying the major traps outlined in the article

Usually I'm a maniac about rotator cuff prehab but since my left elbow is still tender, I was short on time, and I wanted to see how much the prehab protocol zapped me, I did some one arm pull-up training tonight with no prehab and only one warm-up set.  I was pleasantly surprised. 

BW 207#
100# of deload for an easy 12 reps (I'm pretty sure I've never broke 10 on this gravitron before)
88# of deload for an easy 8 reps
40# of deload for an easy single but couldn't get 2??
several sets of lock-offs/holds to failure with between 40#-100#
*This gravitron is much harder than the one at my previous gym and I have full confidence that it is accurate. My best on the other gravitron was a double with 20# of deload  and while I was around 202 or so I've never even been close to that on this gravitron.

1 comment:

  1. Pursuing a health career as a medical assistant offers a wide variety of educational and training options. It is not completely necessary to become certified or earn a degree before becoming a medical assistant. There are still many medical assistants today that are still trained while on the job, all that is required in most cases is a high school diploma or the equivalent.Medical Assistant Schools in MO

    ReplyDelete