Friday, August 19, 2011

The Road to the 2011 90kg Missouri State Arm Wrestling Title: 8-17 and 8-18

8-17-11

What went in

7am: 1 EAS Myoplex shake, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU of Vit D, 1 MVI, and 800 mg of Ibuprofen

12 noon: 1 large bowl of chili with 1 T onions and 1oz of cheese, 1 slice of homemade bread with a blue cheese spread, and 1 small cup of mousse with 1/2 scooop of cherry chocolate ice cream, large glass of water

7pm: Went out to Mom's for dinner and did a large plate of spaghetti, 1 slice of garlic cheese bread, 1 big brownie and 1 small slice of peach cobbler, several cups of coffee

Firearms Fun!

I put another 100 or so through the Ruger Mark III and it continues to be flawless.  I had one round that didn't fire but it didn't jam it simply didn't fire.  I ejected it, reloaded it, and it went off just fine. It did already have a hammer indention on it when I ejected it?  My best mag was 2 at the intersection of the "X", the rest of the rounds in that ring, and 3 of those in practically the same hole.  Mom is getting better.  She put 16 from the M&P in a group about the size of her palm in the target's neck.  She's more than ready to take the CCW test. I boresnaked the Ruger and cleaned the Glock and Mom's M&P and called it.  There is just something relaxing about cleaning guns.

8-18-11

What went in

7am:  Still full from all that spaghetti so I just went with 1 liter of water, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU of Vit D, 1 MVI, and 800 mg of Ibuprofen

12noon: So our Chef tells me, "those greens are a little bitter, they're Japanese or something, that's why I didn't pack them. You might want to try them first".  Be assured, they're no match for The Greens Machine that is The Peoples' Dietitian.  I loaded up the whole plate and cut any potential bitterness with some nice buttery boiled shrimp that was left over from the Monday lunch!  As a coworker of mine says "this will drop your panties!".  It was fantastic! 800 ml of water (got a free shaker from the lift-a-thon)

7:30/Post-workout: 2 EAS Myoplex shakes, 1 liter of water, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU Vit D

Workout

My AW partner had to cancel on practice tonight so I worked my sidepressure hits.  I felt like I was getting rusty on my explosion so tonight was a valuable session.  Most importantly, I was smart enough to stop when my elbow started to feel like it would pop. I'm getting so mature!

2 Hand Pinch
After a couple of warm-up sets (which I think helped immensely) I tore into my goal of getting 2 sets of 12 with 168#.  It would feel great and then just pop out after 4-5 reps.  I kept having to regrip but I went over 24 reps per set and my second set I hit 9 without a regrip. I'm thinking maybe one more workout at this weight and then I'll bump up to 174#.

Rower
Beasted it on the rower tonight!  I was originally going to just try and keep a 2:04-2:06 pace for at least 21 min (1 min longer than last session) but I was bored to tears so about the 10 min mark I decided I was going to try and get 5000 m in 20 min.  Didn't happen but ended up with 4768 in 20 min. Originally it said 4750 in 20:02 but then it reset itself to the above time?

I tried to do some flat finger work after the rower but I think my body was just cashed out as I couldn't even move the weight I was getting 12 on last session LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment