Monday, August 29, 2011

The Road to the 2011 90kg Missouri State Arm Wrestling Title: 8-25

8-25-11

B: 1 L of water, 1 diet dew, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU Vit D 1 MVI.   I was still pretty full from din-din

L: half plate of beef brisket, 1/2 plate of cheese fries, 1/2 ladle of ranch,

pre-workout: took some 20 calorie pre-workout powder that I got as a sample from the lift-a-thon. It gave me energy but I can't say I experienced the "mind-blowing, skin-splitting pump" which was a good thing considering it was AW practice

D/post-training: 2 EAS Myoplex shakes, 1 banana, 1 liter of water, 1 diet dew, 2 double strength fish oil caps, 2000 IU Vit D 1 MVI, 800 mg Ibuprofen

Training

We had a great practice last night.  I actually got to pull on the table that will be used for MO States so that's huge. It's substantially more narrow than mine which didn't occur to me until about half-way through the practice.  I adjusted my stance and just started killing it. I messed around with the "anti-hook" move that seems to be popular lately.  I hit one good one and it was almost like a trick it was so easy. It does leave you very suspectible to a top roll though.  I still have a lot of work to do though and need to get comfortable actually hitting with it vs. just trying to do it off go to screw up my opponent/arm wrestling defensively.

No comments:

Post a Comment