- 9mm Hornady Critical Defense
- 45 ACP Winchester "lead jacketed" HP. We're referring to it as lead as the tip was black?
- 45 ACP Hornady Critical Defense
- 45 ACP +P Hornday
- 45 ACP Winchester Jacketed HP
- Federal and Remington bulk 22 HP
- The first set-up was a junk laptop, folded in half, with a bucket of dry grout mix behind it
- The second set-up was a junk laptop, folded in half, with a bucket of wet grout mix behind it and the remaining grout mix (dry) in a bag behind it. The second set-up was created because the Hornady +P went right through the first set-up
- 9mm Hornady Critical Defense: fired into the wet set-up. Still think a 9mm won't put somebody down? The hole was originally bigger but I was trying to get my camera phone out as the whole filled itself in
- 45 ACP Winchester "Lead Jacketed HP"; obviously copper but we're unclear what the black is, fired into the dry set-up
- 45 ACP Hornady Critical Defense: fired into the dry set-up, the CLEAR winner!
- 45 ACP Winchester JHP: The holy $hit!, "I can't believe that just happened!", OMG moment of the day came with this round. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it with my own eyes but we fired this into the dry set-up and it literally bounced off! I went to check the hole and Jake sullenly goes "it's right there". He walks up and picks the HP up off the ground a few feet from in front of the target. The CLEAR loser!
- 45 ACP +P Hornady: This went right through the first set up so we added water to the grout and put a bag of grout behind it. Notice the mud/grout between the bucket and the bag! We didn't put that there! That was a result of the shot!
- a 9mm HP is plenty
- a 22 LR HP is no joke and it had the sharpest edges of all and expanded the most relative to size. This could have been because it barely made it through the laptop and didn't have a chance to get it's HP filled up and thus prevented from expanding
- I'd like to see the 9mm Hornady Critical Defense fired into dry and the 45 ACP Hornady Critical Defense fired into wet. I want to see of the 9mm would expand better in the dry and if the 45 would still expand that well into the wet.
- The Winchester JHP is a straight joke. I still can't believe it harmlessly bounced off. It didn't even richochet. It was like I just tried to throw it through the jug.
- The Hornady +P 45 ACP is a felony waiting to happen and falls into the 10mm Deathray category. I'd be scared to death to fire this unless I was defending my life in an open field. The overpenentration is out of control. The wet could have stopped the HP from expanding but the dry couldn't even stop it LOL.