Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TPD tackles EDT

Well as usual I have several irons in the fire. I'm looking to combine the escalating density training principles into my current workout mix.  My training regime is basically broken into 5 categories:

  • Table time: this is the most crucial part of becoming a better arm wrestler
  • Prehab: it's hard to get table time if you're injured
  • Grip and wrist work: " a hand that shuts like a vice and a wrist no one can take from you" is what separates the men from the boys in AW
  • Gym work: I'm always lookimg to add extra horsepower if I can do it without adding significant amounts of bodyweight as I have no desire to move out of the 90kg class
  • Concept 2 rower: I'm going to keep adding 500 meter blocks until I can do 10 sub-2 min ones in a row (eg sub-20 min 5K)
The grip stuff is based off of Tim Struse's program. I'm in week 3 for the crush and week 1 for the 2 hand pinch.

Here's a link to my first few workouts since Gripmas.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArGd3lOTZSRmdEhmcXlYRXItcTlZX214SlBwdmY2YVE

Let me know what you think!

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment